HELP AMERICA HEAR
Help America Hear is proud to offer the Help America Hear Program which provides NEW high quality hearing aids Nationwide to men, women, and children with limited financial resources.
Please utilize the Help America Hear program as a LAST RESORT. As a prerequisite, we ask all applicants to exhaust all other financial resources including but not limited to, available credit, family support, money market accounts, mutual funds, 401(k) plans, trust funds, annuities, and savings/checking and State sponsored programs.
Help America Hear is made possible by the generosity of hearing health care professionals and manufacturers who donate their time and services. The program is also sponsored by our many corporate and private donors. We trust you will respect the integrity of the program and deeply appreciate the kindness of everyone involved.
How IT Works
Prospective applicants, who meet the criteria, go through an application process based on several factors:
- Annual Gross Household Income (see below for Tiers)
- Insurance Hearing Aid Benefits and/or co-pay,
- Assets or investments, trusts etc., savings and/or checking
- Hearing Loss must be moderate to profound.
Who Can APPLY
- Anyone who meets the criteria of Tier 1, 2 or Tier 3
- Tier 1 is based on a Gross Household Income of $25,000 or less, no financial assets and no hearing aid benefit; $125 application fee per hearing aid, $250 for two hearing aids
- Tier 2 is based on a Gross Household Income of $25,001 – $30,000, allowable assets not to exceed a total of $5,000*, with a hearing aid benefit of $500 or less for two hearing aids; $300 application fee per hearing aid, $600 for two hearing aids; Must send $125 per hearing aid to start process, upon approval balance is due**
- Tier 3 is based on a Gross Household Income of $30,001 – $35,000, allowable assets not to exceed a total of $10,000*, with a hearing aid benefit of $500 or less for two hearing aids; $500 application fee per hearing aid, $1000 for two hearing aids. Must send $125 per hearing aid to start process, upon approval balance is due**
Approved applicants are eligible to receive two hearing aids, custom ear molds and one year limited service.
After an application is approved the only expenses are the cost of the hearing evaluation, Medical clearance, batteries, any accessories and extended loss & damage warranties (strongly recommended). These costs are not paid by Help America Hear.
***Applicants may only apply once every five years***